Saturday, June 15, 2013

Weber River Run - Riverdale, UT

Today is my last full day in Utah. Kind of bittersweet. Ready to move on to the next place but it has been such a fun/relaxing stay here in Utah and there is still so much I would love to do!
Got to sleep in, went out to buy new tires for my car (byeee money!) and then I went for a run down by Weber River which runs right past my cousin's house. It would have been great on my bike but I'm glad I was on foot because I kept stopping to take pictures. Ran a bit over a mile (which is all my old lady knees can do these days) and got a good sweat going. Here are some of the pics I took and had fun editing a bit when I got home :)
 
















 
Driving back to the house I stopped to take pictures of what is often called a cigar tree! I learned about these trees in horticulture class a year ago but I've never seen one so large and impressive. Catalpa speciosa are messy trees and I'd never plant one in my yard but they are absolutely gorgeous! There is another species bignonioides which has slightly different shaped leaves (still heart shaped) and larger bean pods and is common in the south eastern climates. Anyways, very lovely tree so I had to park my car and run into someone's yard to take a few pictures :)
 




 
Off to shower and catch up on work for the rest of the day! Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment