Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2 days 20 hours on the Road

This was by far the hardest two days of the trip so far. I have been in Missouri for a couple days recovering from it and avoiding the sight of my car. It wasn't that I ran out of music or people to call or that I got tired....it was just being in the same spot for so long. I would get out every two or three hours and walk around, etc. but getting back into that car was pure torture right around hour 14.
 
Day 1: Departed from Roy, UT and took I-80 east into Wyoming through red canyons and out into green plains with snowy mountains in the distance. Got my first sighting of a golden eagle hauling through the canyons (awesome!) and a few Swainson's hawks. Then drove south into Colorado to stay the night with an old college friend. So here are some pictures from my 8 hour drive.
 

Utah canyons

Coming into WY
 
stormy WY plains


Most interesting thing on the road hah

WY livin
 
Colorado was gorgeous and green. Lots of ranches and more mountains in the distance. My friend's boyfriend had a sweet blue heeler pup, Julie Mae.
She had me playing frisbee for hours and has mad hops!! Check it out!
 
Day 2 was the WORST!12 hours on the road is rough and doing it in the day is even more rough. Next time I'm driving through the night!! Took off through eastern Colorado around 9am MST and hit the plains of Kansas around noon. Here's what it looked like....all of it.
 


And here's what I looked like after hour 5.
 
I almost had a meltdown around hour 6 when I realized I had another 6 hours to go but eastern Kansas into Missouri was so lovely that I perked up long enough to grab more coffee and call a couple friends to help keep my sanity (thank you Mom, Trevor & LeeAnn!! :) eventhough my cell service was in and out) Check out these bright blue skies:
 




 
Made it to my aunt's house in Wildwood, MO around 10pm CST and managed to miss a huge storm that had come through the area that day. Been so happy to hang out and mooch for a few days. The 100% humidity was not very fun after 12 hrs in the car but a couple days later and it doesn't feel too bad. Compared to the dry air of So Cal I'm kind of loving it. Great for the skin :) It's another 12-14 hours to Virginia but I'll deal with that next week.
 
>>For more pics and updates you can follow me on my Instagram: halia_e
or my twitter @WildWanderlass

No comments:

Post a Comment