Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Final Leg

I departed Missouri at 2am CST and drove 12 hours into Virginia today, arriving at 3pm EST.... Another long day on the road. Nothing too eventful just lots of rain and hicks haha I went through quite a few states, all of them very pretty and green. I'm pretty sure I caused the extinction of several species of insects haha it was ridiculous how many times I had to clean my windshield just to get it full of bugs a few miles down the road. I kept forgetting to take pictures haha I was so anxious to get to my destination already but here are a few of the scenery in West Virginia and into Virginia :)







The wildlife hospital is set in a beautiful wooded area and the extern house is located a couple miles down the road. There are going to be about eight of us here at all times (people rotate in and out) and we will be running most, if not all, the duties at the hospital. It's going to be busy and really dirty and even more exhausting but the externs who have already been here for a few weeks have promised that I'll learn everything there is to learn.

I took a bit to get settled in and grabbed some groceries for the first few days - I'm totally brain dead so who knows if what I bought even makes sense haha The town of Waynesboro is......sleepy lol and kind of run down. I got the feeling that there are a lot of poor people here and maybe a lot of drug use. (Don't freak out Mom haha) I feel like I'm on a different planet, this is definitely going to be an experience. On top of that, something is wrong with my phone so I can't send/receive texts or calls, these first few days will be crazy (a few externs this year have left after a few days to a week because it was such hard work haha, weak) and a little lonely on top of that. The other externs all seem friendly enough so I'm sure I'll get into my groove relatively quickly. Most of all I'm anxious to dive in and kind of forget my life back home for a couple weeks.

I'm off to bed. Have to start work at 9am and I'm way beyond exhaustion and need to be at the top of my game tomorrow morning. Gnite world....

No comments:

Post a Comment