Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gateway Arch - St. Louis, MO

I'm officially the furthest East in the United States than I ever have been...Except that one time I had a layover in Connecticut...wait where's Connecticut??....anyways! After an awesome lunch of fish tacos (my fav!) we made it out to St. Louis! I think I'm mostly a country girl..or would be if I had to choose one or the other....but there is something about a big city that gets my heart going like nothing else. I love feeling out each city's vibe and exploring Anthony Bourdain style. We weren't going to be in STL for too long but I did get to see a lot of great architecture and some great history.
Enjoy!

Edward Jones Dome where the Rams play

We decided this building had to be haunted - old Union Station on the Riverfront

Busch Stadium - the Cardinals were playing the Rangers that day and they got rain delayed

bridge!

Court house

lovely skyline


Gateway park and more skyline

This thing was massive!

MASSIVE!!


I've seen pics and I mean it looked pretty big or something but wow!!



Underneath the arch is a National Museum and a tram you can take to the top of the arch!
We didn't want to wait two hours to get to the top so we checked out the museum a little.

Picking Jefferson's nose cuz he was a racist!! haha

Big steamboat wheel....I think.....I didn't read any of the placards, sorry Mom.


We're in space, promise

Back outside it was getting pretty cloudy

The fam and me :) The kids have been such troopers and awesome birth control haha

The Mississippi River as the rain started coming down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment