Sunday, May 25, 2014

Aaaaaand We're Back!!

So that semester was craaaazy!! 60 hrs of work and 13 credit hours...thankful it's over and now I can get back to having adventures and exploring my new home of San Diego :)

There are a few projects I've been wanting to work on which would, as a result, will improve my photography skills. The first study will be in macro photography and the other in black and white and I'm excited to really get working on them. Keeping that all in mind, Trevor and I did some hiking a few months ago - sadly that's the last time I went hiking - and we stumbled upon some really great vistas and plant life. Check it out!


A view of Otay Lake
Lots of beautiful textures in an initially dull landscape
And colors!
And if you look very close...there's quite a bit of life :) 
The steep cliffs and navigating the dirt roads made the trip more interesting 
Stumbled on some old bunkers which were fun to poke around
It's amazing all of the the wonders you'll find if you take a minute to stop and take a look around.

After getting a feel for Trevor's macro lens, I started dabbling in black and white photography to take away the distraction of color and focus more on textures and composition. This is what I've come up with thus far.

The best days to experiment with black and white photography are the cloudy ones 
These flowers are actually green and yellow and orange but in B&W they glow! 
I loooove onion blooms 
Guess what this is from? 
Trevor's carnivorous plants bloomed and their flowers are gorgeous pink but simply lovely in B&W 


Anyways, I'll be back to my usual posting schedule now that classes are over so look out for recommendations on fun outdoor activities, How-to's on your favorite outdoor nerdery and much much more!! As always, please comment about questions or topics you want more information on!

Happy Memorial Day all!!

Get out and Explore More!

No comments:

Post a Comment